Sunday, September 23, 2007

CAPPA

My mom bought me two years membership so I can get on my way to getting my doula certification. I decided to become a childbirth educator first though. I think it is more fitting for my life right now with two young children. CAPPA has a scholarship program and I sent my application in yesterday. It has to be in by Oct 1, so fingers crossed that it gets there in time. I'm not holding my breath to receive the scholarship though. I feel like I'm probably not the person who most needs it, but it sure would be helpful. As I was doing more research on becoming a doula, I came across Rocky Mountain Doula Educators and have been emailing back and forth with regard to hosting a Doula Workshop next year. This would really help with the cost (it's $365) and if I host I get a sizable discount if not get the training for free, plus I get my certification packet so that is a big plus too! I'm really excited about it. I feel like I'm really moving things forward and that feels so good!

1 comment:

Jamie said...

I want to be a Doula so bad. It is just not feasible right now with DH traveling so much. But I think about it all the time and who knows, maybe someday.