Sunday, September 16, 2007

Operation: Share Room

So, I've decided it's time to move Teagan to the crib. This means moving her into Tolla's room and them sharing a room. I was really hesitant to do this and that is why it took me nearly 8 months to do so. We moved Tolla out of our bed @ 4 months. I was really concerned about Teagan waking Tolla up when she wanted to nurse. Then I was concerned about Tolla waking Teagan up when she went to bed. Teagan usually goes to bed 30 mins to an hour before Tolla.

So, day one: I started with by putting Teagan down for an AM nap in the crib. She slept great! No crying which was nice. That night we put Teagan in the crib but I think it was a little too early as she cried. When she's really ready to go to bed she doesn't cry. So we tried again about 30 mins later and she was fine. Then my dh put Tolla to bed as I was working and he said she did great. She knew Teagan was in there already and just said "shhh, baby sleeping" and crawled into her bed. No fuss! I was kind of worried b/c we have normally been reading bed time stories while she lays in her bed but she was fine.

Day two: another AM nap in the crip as well as the PM nap together. That didn't work so well. But I think partly b/c Tolla and I had snoozed a little already earlier in the day so when I put Tolla down for her regular nap, she just played in her room and woke Teagan up. Then last night she did the same thing when she was ready for bed. She said "shh, baby sleeping" opened her door and crawled into bed whispering "night night." Omg, it was too cute! I think Tolla likes having Teagan in there with her. I don't know, for some reason, I think it makes her feel special that we're letting Teagan share her room with her. One of the perks of the 18 mo age difference!!

So, for the most part it's ok. The first night Teagan woke a lot and I tried bringing her into bed with me but then she just woke up and started playing with my face. That was a rough night b/c she ended up waking at 4:30a and not going back to sleep, alternating crying and crawling around. Last night was much better. (Thank goodness) She wakes at 12:30a and 4:30 a to nurse and then was up at 6:30a for the day. That is a little too early for me but I can't let her cry in her crib or she'll wake Tolla and I REALLY don't want Tolla up that early! So, we just hung out and I did some stuff on the computer (like creating my new blog header!) I just need to go to sleep earlier to try to offset the early wake time. Honestly, it was kind of nice being awake with just Teagan (especially since I had cleaned yesterday)! Maybe I can get some sort of scrapbook time in at that hour.

2 comments:

Allison xoxo said...

I was very hesitant to put seth in nolan's room too. Luckily it worked out ok; and now one or the other wakes up usually around 5:45... but the rule in our house is noone gets up until 6:30... so I have had to detach myself from freaking out like I used to. If they are up... so be it. They don't usually fuss, but will talk and giggle and jump in their crib.

ok, your five questions...

1. You mentioned that you are an avid Beatles fan, what is your favorite Beatles song? Who was your favorite Beatle?

2. You (like me) have two kids close in age, how have you transitioned into having two so young? Has it been difficult? Do you think you want more?

3. Is there anything about your birth experiences that you wish would have gone differently? Is their anything that you want to happen again if you should have another child?

4. Tolla is such a pretty name, how did you pick it out? Did you initially decide that Tolla was going to be her name, or did it evolve? What would you have named a boy if you'd have had one (w/ either pregnancy).

5. I feel like I've known you for a long time (well I guess I have... 3+ years now!) ... but I don't know much about your dh, how you met... what he's like. Can you fill me in?

Kimberly said...

How did you make your header? I want one too!