Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Titania

There have been certain events in the past 2 weeks surrounding one of our dogs that I didn't post about. It was much too hard to just deal with it and trying to put my thoughts into words has been very difficult because it would result in me breaking down and crying. However, today, I felt like there has been closure.

What happened is someone (that I work) responded to the email I sent asking if anybody would take our dogs into their homes as their own. I didn't really like the guy that much in my job but thought, well, I only work with him briefly, I shouldn't judge him. Well, lesson learned. Always listen to your gut. He had her not even 24 hours and he let her get loose. She ran away, he says he couldn't find her, but I doubt he even looked for her. I got a call from the animal shelter, saying she was there and under bite quarantine. My dh and I went down there with the girls and turns out there had also been an accident. She was fine. She bit because she was scared. The guy who will now be called asshole never showed up to claim her. Because we left her tags on (lesson # 2 learned, remove tags) we were liable for everything that happened b/c she was still registered to us and we had no proof that we had given ownership to this asshole (lesson #3 learned, dogs are property, when doing something like this, create bill of sale for $1 so there is record). We gave him time to come forward to claim her but asshole never returned my calls, emails, etc. So, we had to pay $113 in order to relinquish her to the shelter as the officer believed us and since Tolla is allergic and that is the reason she was not in our posession he would not allow her to come home with us (also we were not issued a citation for the accident or for her being out which could have been quite hefty). So, there she sat, in a kennel in a part of the shelter labled "Outlaw Alley" which to be honest makes me giggle just b/c I know my sweet sweet Titania. I called and checked on her every day. We filled out her past history so that she could be put for adoption as soon as she was off the quarantine. Today I called and found out that she was adopted! I asked the lady for any details and she said it was an elderly couple. Oh that was just what I prayed for her. I didn't think she should go to a home with small children but to an older couple who could just dote on her and love her all day long.

So, to my sweet Titania. My first furbaby, I wish you all the happiness and lap pettings you deserve!!! You will forever be in my heart. I'm sorry for all the pain and confusion you went thru, but I just hope you have come to a nice comfortable loving home in the end. I love you and miss you always.

2 comments:

Allison xoxo said...

that really stinks Carisa, I'm sorry you guys had to go through that and I'm sorry your sweet doggy had to go through that too. People sure can suck sometimes.

Kristi said...

I'm so sorry :( That's so hard! I am really happy to hear that she went to a loving home... hugs