Saturday, September 22, 2007

She SLEPT THRU THE NIGHT!!!!

Wow, I forgot how 6 straight hours of sleep feels! I woke up at 4am in a panic! What? Teagan hasn't woken to nurse yet? Usually we're on our 2nd round at this time. So, I lay there for a few seconds and then I start to panic. What if something happened to her? What if she stopped breathing and I wasn't there next to her to know? So, by this time I have got to get up and check on her. I stop at the bathroom first and then I quietly open the door to the girls room. Tolla stirs on her bed and looks at me thru heavy eyelids. I tiptoe over to the crib and there is Teagan, butt high in the air. She's facing the complete opposite way of when I laid her down of course! I still can't tell if she's breathing so I ever so slightly place my hand on her back. Yup, we've got breathing! So, I tiptoe back out of the room, certain that I've just woken her up and go back to bed. I lay there a bit waiting for her to cry, but nothing. So, I roll over and fall back asleep. Then I wake up 3 hours later!!! What?!?!?! She STILL hasn't woken up to nurse? My full heavy breasts confirm this. At this point, I realize, I've just gotten a full night's sleep! Wow, I think it was just a fluke, but only the next couple nights will tell for sure!

No comments: