Monday, September 17, 2007

Five Questions

Allison posted this interview game on her blog and it sounds like fun so I wanted to participate, here is how it works: Leave me a comment saying “Interview me.” I will respond by emailing you five questions. I get to pick the questions. If you don’t have a valid email address on your blog, please provide one. You will update your blog with a post containing your answers to the questions. Include this explanation and an offer to interview someone else in the same post. When others comment asking to be interviewed, you will ask them five questions.

ok, so here are Allison's questions for me:

1. You mentioned that you are an avid Beatles fan, what is your favorite Beatles song? Who was your favorite Beatle?
Ah, this is hard! I went thru phases where I loved each one but I think the one that stuck out for me is George Harrison. I was devestated when he died. He was the sexy mysterious quiet one to me. I love the songs that he wrote b/c they were of a different style than McCartney/Lennon. My FAVORITE song? oh boy. Hmmm. It really depends. For their early period, I LOVE I've Just Seen a Face or That Boy, both of those I thought were SO romantic when I was a preteen. I remember playing them over and over until I knew them by heart. As I got older, I have to say Let It Be. That one is so powerful. My FAVORITE album is Abbey Road -- I love all the songs on that album. It's just a great album from start to finish!

2. You (like me) have two kids close in age, how have you transitioned into having two so young? Has it been difficult? Do you think you want more?
It wasn't difficult at first for me. I thought wow, this is too easy. What was difficult was the strain it had on my marriage. Teagan was a lot different than Tolla (still is of course), she was more demanding I guess and then if she did cry my dh would tense up and so I was constantly picking her up so she wouldn't cry. It was a vicious cycle. After about the 4th month though it eased up. Now, however, that she is teething it is becoming the same again, only I can't even soothe her now. I find myself losing my patience a lot quicker and some days I hate myself for it. Tolla is fantastic though. She adores her little sister. She tries to be like a mommy so much and I see her playing with her dolls acting like me with Teagan. She even tries to nurse her dolls, it's so freaking cute. It's been a blessing in disguise having them so close together. Sharing a room, playing, sharing mommy and daddy honestly doesn't phase Tolla like it would an older child. I honestly don't know right now if I want more. I definately don't want any more right now. I'm not wired to keep having them one right after the other. And my dh definatley isn't. I'm scheduled to get an IUD on Thurs so that will buy us some time. I don't want to officially close the door though. My dh says he is done unless I can guarantee him a boy - LOL (must be a guy thing). Of course, I love my girls, but I would like to experience the love of a son.


3. Is there anything about your birth experiences that you wish would have gone differently? Is their anything that you want to happen again if you should have another child?
I have been thinking about that a lot lately as I go thru my doula certification. I have to say that both of my births were amazing in their own way. I do wish I had not gotten the epi with Tolla. Not only did I miss the natural aspect of her birth but I have constant back pain from it. Totally not worth it in my opinion. I redeemed myself and had the birth I wanted with Teagan. Completely natural with no intervention or pain medication. I guess if I could go back and have Tolla all over again (LOL) I would have insisted on hiring a doula. I called one that I really wanted to use but couldn't justify the expense to my dh. Now I would be able to give him the why's etc. OH well! IF we do have another, I would LOVE to have a home birth WITH a doula!

4. Tolla is such a pretty name, how did you pick it out? Did you initially decide that Tolla was going to be her name, or did it evolve? What would you have named a boy if you'd have had one (w/ either pregnancy).
Ty! We love her name. It was actually a fluke. We knew we wanted a polish name to reflect our heritage and couldn't agree on one. My dh pointed to Tolla in the baby book and I didn't like it, hated it in fact. He kept insisting on it as a joke to get on my nerves but then we couldn't agree on another one and in my frustration at not having a name the week before I was due said fine, let's just name her Tolla. I chose Prudence as her middle name. Now I can't imagine her with any other name. It's just perfect. It means priceless and that is exactly what she is to us. If we had a boy (or have) he will be named after my dh making him the III but we will call him Trey.

5. I feel like I've known you for a long time (well I guess I have... 3+ years now!) ... but I don't know much about your dh, how you met... what he's like. Can you fill me in?
My dh and I are high school sweethearts. I was a jr and he was a sr when we met. We had a pretty tumultuous beginning but I think when you mean your match that early, you're pretty much scared out of your mind thinking you're supposed to "play the field" or what ever. We were on again off again till I graduated hs. Then he joined the army and I moved in with him. The rest as they say is history! LOL He used to say he never wanted to get married and I remember telling him after it had been about 4 years that I did want to get married and if he wasn't going to then I needed to move on with my life without him. Well, he says I gave him an ultimatum, but I really didn't. I just told him the honest truth. I wasn't going to spend years of my life with someone who didn't want to make a committment. He's a strong silent type. I think that is what attracted me to him b/c I wanted to get to the bottom of his soul. We have gone thru rough moments in our marriage but there is no one I'd rather go thru hard times with than him. He adores me and has never said a negative thing about me which is something rare.

Wow, that was awesome!! Thanks Allison for "interviewing" me and I hope you didn't learn more than you wanted!!

No comments: